My terrible experience with my Icon HD net ready.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trogg

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'll get straight to the point here. What the flippin heck is wrong with these things?!
I was at 80' finishing up a dive. water was 45 degrees. last I knew I was at 1300psi. My icon let out a long beep, followed by dropping my pressure to 500, 200, 0, followed by signal Loss and displaying AIR --
I signal that I am having issues, and will be ascending on my bailout. I change my battery before every trip, had 59 flawless dives before this... you know you expect more than a few dozen dives out of an expensive piece of...something.
I pulled it off my tank and put on my old VT4. [At least that never breaks] my icon TX went on the pony which has 31xx psi in it verified by an analog, digital and vt4 gauge. my Icon says it has 500psi in it and it fluxuates when you don't release air or add air.
I can't believe it is still doing it. what gives? why isn't there a recall on something that dangerous?
:censored::censored::censored:
I would really like to hear from Mares on this one.

If you leave the reg the transmitter is on pressurized, it will drain the battery.

If you leave the reg the transmitter is on pressurized, it will drain the battery.

I do not leave it connected. I pull it off after every trip, toss the old battery and o ring and put in a fresh one. It was a brand new battery.
Happens every time now with the inaccurate pressure and signal loss, but its still paired with the rx

Whenever my transmitter loses connection (happens often in cold water) I reach around and gently tap the transmitter against my tank (I have my transmitter on 15 cm HP hose). Or just turn it a bit so the antenna reception improves.

A verly low tech solution, I agree, but fixes the connection issues most of the time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom