My take on the MK 17 EVO VS MK 19 EVO

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why change from one reg that works to another that works?

Seems rather pointless unless you’ve money burning a hole in your pocket.

Agree with all above. However, theoretically speaking… let’s say you were to give your trusted mk17 to your wife, because you love her, would you get another 17 or get 19 :)

I have the Mk19...I use the swivel...I use a 48" primary off the top port and a 22" necklace...I thoroughly enjoy the Mk19....I do think it's a pretty heavy first stage..or at least it seems that way

Agree with all above. However, theoretically speaking… let’s say you were to give your trusted mk17 to your wife, because you love her, would you get another 17 or get 19 :)
For me, if I were to give my wife my 17, I would just my other one :wink: but I would also buy another 17.

He finds the rotating turret more comfortable for him and had other uses for the MK17 perhaps. The OP didn't say that he is replacing the original MK17 just because he wanted a MK19. He actually didn't specify the reasons, he is just presenting what he liked about the MK19 vs. the 17. I find that the video is more about what he liked about the 19 vs. 17 for others who are contemplating to buy a regulator and trying to decide between the 19 and 17, he recommends the 19.

Well that is a good question... My MK 17 needed servicing because of creeping IP causing free flow. It was gonna be two weeks before the guy at dive shop was backed up because of tourist season. I already knew I liked the rotating system from using my Hog backup regs. I now have a MK 17 for my grandkids hookah system and also a Scuba Pro backup first stage...

My old school dive partners will not spend a dime on new dive gear unless something blows up and falls to pieces...
My gear has saved the dive more than one time... I believe in redundancy and take a backup for a backup on my trips of course I am diving my own boat so I have the room to do so. Nothing like riding 3 hours one way to get sidelined by a broke piece of gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom