My SP G250 broke. Any suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GreyhoundsAreFast

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499

I bought this G250 online and rebuilt it. Was really happy with its performance too!

But yesterday the nub where the mouthpiece connects broke. I could see previously that the previous owner had glued it back on. I assumed he had used something that would keep it together well. Guess not!

Is there a good glue to get it back together? Or should I cut my losses with this one?

I bought this G250 online and rebuilt it. Was really happy with its performance too!

But yesterday the nub where the mouthpiece connects broke. I could see previously that the previous owner had glued it back on. I assumed he had used something that would keep it together well. Guess not!

Is there a good glue to get it back together? Or should I cut my losses with this one?
Wow; that is really unusual. Was there any sign of stress on the regulator? The G250 is a fantastic regulator. Has a big following.
Fortunately used ones can be found.

Buy another and keep it for parts. Alternatively, get a G200 (usually less expensive) and cannibalize the case which is the same as the G250.

Replacement of the case is the best solution but I would try some two part epoxy with metal reenforcment in a few spots, after I found a new case.

If there is some material on each side of the break, a fabric type of reinforcement wrap into the adhesive on the external surface might be a possible implementation. As what @lexvil said, only after sourcing a replacement, and just something to futz around with. I agree with @couv, and sourcing a G200 on the cheap is a great option as it is the same case, and you have all the parts to swap over.

YMMV

Also, someone might be interested in it as is for parts or as a teaching demo.

I don’t know if there is a solvent that would work for the repair, acetone will be a good cleaner and if the previous owner tried super glue (it doesn’t work for wet environments) it will clean the residue off, strip it completely before messing with it since the internals are the only valuable parts there. Find a 200 first.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom