My second SBer in the last month!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike Veitch

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Well here i am in Yap hanging out with the second SBer to come my way in the last few weeks....

Diver Dennis!

WE are drinkin beers, shooting the breeze, hanging with mantas....and of course.....wearing our masks on our foreheads!!!

M

Mike Veitch:
WE are drinkin beers, shooting the breeze, hanging with mantas....and of course.....wearing our masks on our foreheads!!!

M
Ah, the universal "I'm out of beer and need a refill" signal.

And if you're not out of beer, you're just planning ahead. :wink:

Yes it is true! I'm in Yap before moving on to Palau and Chuuk. We are new photographers and came to Yap first to take a course from Mike. I had NO experience before coming here and over the course of the last few days have gone through an extensive course with Mike. He covered everything from housngs to f-stops and we both feel that we are competant UW photographers now. This guy really knows his stuff and put the course together so even I could understand how to take some great photos. If you are planning to come to Micronesia with a camera you would do well to spend some time with Mike. We are VERY impressed.

You can also see how we wear our masks over here if you check out the mask on forehead thread under basic scuba discussions. I posted a picture from today.

THANKS MIKE!

Mike, hubby interested in photography course in April - but there is no way in hell or Yap that im taking my mask off - it aint happening mike!

Diver Dennis - you picture in our profile.... ummm, are you riding manta's in Yap???

NO! We definitely don't allow that....That is in Mexico i would say.

You won't take your mask off??? Hmmmm that might be a problem! :)

Mike Veitch:
NO! We definitely don't allow that....That is in Mexico i would say.

You won't take your mask off??? Hmmmm that might be a problem! :)
havent taken mask off since 1998 open water! tried on the weekend while in a pool.. our 12yr old niece, no problems - me, covered my face with both hands, yelling nooooooo

thanks for clearing up my manta riding questions - excellent to know in Yap how its done, or not done

Yeah we are missing Diver Dennis in the mask on forehead thread, some are saying it is a dead thread. We'll see. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom