My Rig

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sweden78

Registered
Reaction score
This is my Digital UW Photo rig. I am very happy how it has workt so far. Before I hade an S45 and wpdc-300 housing, the C5050Z is much better under water. But I think the S45 was very good over the surface.

Do you think I will need an longer strobe arm for good wideangels?

I also use a Fish Eye tray, single S&S YX90DX strobe with a C-4040/PT-10.

For close up wide angle you'll need to use your diffuser to get full coverage for that WA lens. A little alteration with a dremel tool will allow you to use the diffuser with the fiber optic cable. You can see how to do this modification HERE. It's a .PDF file and very easy to understand.

Remember that strobes don't reach much farther than 4-5 ft and even less with a diffuser.

I added some length to my strobe arm for a total length of about 18-20". I may be wrong but I've never felt the length of my arm affected the strobe results on wide angle shots as much as aiming it properly. However for those close and macro shots I move that 20" all over the place...there nowhere I can't cover with it! With the short piece that came with the tray, I had a hard time positioning it directly over the lense for some macro shots.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom