My rig: What do you all think?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Already done 4 dives, 2 deep ones. Looks and feels good.

Apeks Tx100 First / Second Stage
Apeks Tx40 Octo
Mares Dragonfly AT BCD
Mares Mission 2D SPG
Suunto SK7 Arm Compass

In the BCD Pockets:
A slate
A deco bouy
A pair of Dive-rite Scissors

Mares Lirica Tech Black Mask
Mares Stream Dry Snorkle (Hardly put on)
O'neill 3/2mm Wetsuit
Tusa Cetus Fins

Still looking to buy:
A whistle
A pair of gloves
Uwatec Dive Computer ($$$$)

Whistle: LeisurePro.com had the Jet Scream whistle for $7.95

Gloves: I found some 1.5mil gloves at walmart for $10.00. Look where they have the waterski equipment.

Computer: You can always solicit a penny from everyone you meet on the street. And after 50,000 people, you can afford what you want.

Starts solicitating people for pennies, up to 27 cents on the first day. It's gonna be a long day.

So that was [red]you[/red] out at exit 56 with the sign that said,

"Dive Computer-less...will work for Scuba Gear"

Nice Compass - 30° tilt - best out there...
Woudl have gone TX50 over the TX100 - still - Sweet reg.
Uhm, deco bouy - but no reel??? Get a small safety reel from halcyon.

Have fun,
Dane

Wishihadgills

How was using the airtrim on the dragon fly BC. Was it hard to use? Or just different than a regular inflator system. I'm thing about it for my next BC.

Like Mr wants gills, I have an airtrim dragonfly. Benefits as I see them: falls readily to hand (as opposed to having to grab around to find the inflator hose); pushing the right button likewise does not require making sure your hand is properly oriented to the inflator hose (not to mention that some inflator hoses that I've used don't have very ergonomically positioned buttons in the first place). Also, positioning of hose coupling seems to me to be easier to disconnect in event of problems. Main disadvantage is that you don't get visual feedback of air dump, and it's not a familiar system for your buddy in case of emergency. BC is otherwise nice, though a bit heavy topside.

-Simon

ahhaha.. I have a safety reel, not those from Halycon but just a simple ring that has to be manually unwound to be used, I marked off the line at 5 and 10 meters to aid in Deco stops.

As for the Dragonfly, it is a tad bit heavier compared to other bcs, it weighs in at about 4-5 kg on the surface but it fits like a charm, due to the partial back inflation, you won't feel squeezed at full inflation. And neutral bouyancy is easy to achieve. I also don't really use that air/inflator deflator thing on the left side prefering to pull the hose to do any airdumps, as I use my left hand to hold the spg and check the depth gauge to do deco stops.

Up to 43 cents today. Maybe I'll find a dollar somewhere tommorrow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom