My Passion is Diving Cocos Island Costa Rica

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Possibly the most incredible place underwater on the planet, Cocos Island National Park, Costa Rica is located ~1/2 way between mainland Costa Rica and the Galapagos in the eastern tropical Pacific.

I co-lead a sea turtle and hammerhead shark tagging research program where we use scuba to tag sharks underwater and to capture turtles for tagging on-board.

Our expedition in March (13-23) 2011 has room for several volunteers who pay their own way (tax-deductible) and get the opportunity catch turtles underwater and tag sharks on this 10-day live-aboard.

Drop me an email if you want more information at TSteiner [at] tirn.net

Hi: am new to the Board... Planning to visit Cocos at the end of August 2013 with the Aggressor Okeanos. Can you tell me more what to expect in terms of temps, current, etc. Any tips on what to bring would be very helpful. Am an AI, have 1500 plus dives. Had been to the Galapagos and the Socorro Islands. Thanks, BasiaA.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom