My own camera rigg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kiron

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
After finding out the prices for uw-photo equipment I decided to build my own camera rigg. It might not look that good but has worked very well for the past years and more than 60 dives.
Total cost is about 80-100 USD. Most expensive is the loc-line-arms that I bought from a local reseller.
I made my biggest save by buying ordinare fiber optic cables for 4 USD instead of Sea & Sea fiber optic cables for 70 USD.
I will not write much more, the pictures hopefully talk for them self. But just ask if you have any question.

1266.jpg

2149.jpg

11122.jpg

934.jpg

842.jpg

Last edited:
Speak to me about the DIY fiber optic cables.

I need one for my now-spare camera rig. Sea&Sea housing and strobe.

Thanks.

I just bought ordinary toslink cables like this one.
http://m.bestbuy.com/m/e/product/detail.jsp?skuId=9543782&pid=1218121949255
I have the Sea&Sea YS-27 flashes and after just minor adjusments (carving) on the cables connector it fits all ok.

Since I have a see through uw-house the other end of the cable is just attached with some duct tape on the outside of the house. It's enough to catch the cameras internal flash and trigger my YS-27.

I don't know what Sea&Sea:s uw-house look like but the Sea&Sea-cable looks the same in both ends and if it's possible to trim one end of my cheap cable to fit the flash it should be possible to trim the other end to fit the house.
It's a 4-5 dollar cable so it's quite cheap to just try.

Skickat från min GT-I9305 med Tapatalk now Free

Back
Top Bottom