My odd experience with Aeris Elite T3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

novasquid

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I bought mine new recently and finally got to try it out this weekend in a freshwater quarry. I noticed some odd things after I downloaded the logs, and was wondering if these are normal behavior.

When i downloaded the logs, one thing I noticed is that the temperature reading doesn't quite match up to the depth reading. Using Dive Log 5.0, I can plot depth and temperature at the same time. One would expect the lower the depth the colder the temps. But it seemed like there was a few minutes delay between actual and read temps.

Also, during the last part of my dive, the log shows three spots where it says I went down to 250+ feet depth for 1 second, then it goes back to the normal depth. Anyone else experience this kind of odd depth reading? Or is an occasional spike like this normal?

Most dive computers have a delay with temperature as the sensor is inside the computer, rather than on the outside.

Yeah that makes sense, that there's a slight delay with the sensor. Kind of like a wall thermometer that takes a few minutes to adjust to extreme temperature swings.

The depth spike to 250+ feet is very odd though. I hate to make a warranty claim on it but I guess I'll have to make a few more dives with it to know for sure if it was a one time or recurring issue.

Back
Top Bottom