My kingdom for an 'ousing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ruu

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Yesterday I decided to a canon A70 'cos it was cheap and I could get the housing really easily. Which is why today I have decided against that - I'm getting the Olympus c4000 (only $50 more online if you look hard enough). For the life of me I cannot find a decent deal on the housing (PT-010) - has anyone seen one online for less than $250? If anyone is looking for the 015 / 016 / 0xx I have seen most of them for around $150 (except 018 - those are harder to come by) now - the one and only housing that I have not found at a discount is the very one that I want.

Dave

I doubt you'll find the PT-10 for less than $250. They were never released for sale anywhere but Japan, as far as I know. I got mine from Japan Direct and had to pay $50 shipping, making mine a tad over $300.

Even at $250, that's a helluva deal for a good, tried and tested camera housing!

You can get it from Japan for Y17,800 - about US$150 + shipping.

The link that TedJ is referring to is my winning bid!!! thejiveturkey=jiveturkey. Cool. Anyway, I was a little wary about buying something like this online but the guy has thousands of positive feedback so I took a chance. My housing came today. Brand new in the box and very well packaged for the trip to south korea. I emailed the guy and asked him to list it as a "gift" to avoid paying duties. Well, it worked. I didn't pay a dime. I think he sells these regularly so do a search under his other auctions.

It looks like I may well be in NC at the end of the month (looking for Sand Tigers), so I am looking to buy from somewhere in the US with them in stock now. Has anyone dealt with either underwaterdigital or oceanbrite before - they both appear to have them available (although u/wdigital aren't answering the phone). As far as the camera - probably butterflyphoto - anyone bought anything from them before?

Dave

The only one I've bought from is Allan at Underwater Digital. He's had some family health problems to deal with and I heard that he's closed his business, at least temporarily. But that is third hand from someone who should know. So...who knows.

You might also check withUnderwater Camera Pros. Ryan is out the rest of the week on a dive trip but he's checking his email daily. I'd email him.

Well, looks like the scubaboard Olympus cult has a new member. My 4000 + PT-010 should be winging their way to me shortly (plus a red filter to play with while I figure out whether a strobe is worth the effort). I'll be diving NC next weekend by the looks of things, so I may even post some pictures on my return - who knows,

Dave

Welcome to the 'O' side! I'll look forward to your Tiger Shark pics!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom