My intro...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spectre

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I guess it's about time I put in my intro story, all though there is a lot of it strewn around in other posts.

I got my OW certification last June when I had some time off from work. I received my certification from Divers Den in Manchester NH [My instructor has since moved on and opened his own shop up in Concord NH]. Throughout my whole life I've had strange dreams where I was breathing underwater, and I've known for a long time tha I was destined to be a diver. I finally decided to take the plunge when I had that time off, and my best friend [Bushman] was in need of a buddy to fetch some of his lobster traps that he got caught up on the wreck off Cape Cod that he fishes his traps.

About a month after I received my certification, I hooked up with MetroWest Dive Club down in Framingham MA [near my office] and that's where I met MSilvia, who told me about this site.

Next weekend bushman and I are taking our AOW @ Northeast Scuba in Chelmsford. My current plan is to get my Nitrox certification from Discover Diving in Atkinson, NH... as I continue to check out the different instructors in the area.

A little more about myself. I met bushmon back in Jr. High School, and we taught skiing together for a number of years at Nashoba Valley. We've also been racing at Nashoba [as the Funky Monks] since 1994.

I work as a software engineer in Framingham, MA... doing TCP/IP programming on the VMS operating system. I went to UNH and graduated as a Mathematics major. I recently did a search on google and have found newsgroup postings I wrote back in 1991 :)

Well, that's my basic story. It's nice to find a home where people are friendly and excited about diving. I know I have a place to stay dreaming when I'm not able to get myself in the water!

from your fellow 'MLC'-tattoo addict... thanks for your intro. Just noticed it as I haven't been in this section much lately. In case it hasn't been said already - Welcome to the Boards!

Best of luck with your AOW - sounds like you will have no problems with it whatsoever. Let us know how it goes!

Cheers

Yes, welcome Jeff... even though it is belated...
Glad you like it here and we appreciate your participation...
:D

Hey funky__monks:

The people down there at NorthEast Scuba are a good bunch. Tom Huff he's the man. The guys got a lot of knowledge to spred around.

...............Arduous....................

And a warm welcome from north of the 49th....

Hi there!

Glad to have you aboard. I am glad you finally introduced yourself and made it official.

Chad

Welcome to the scuba board. You'll find a lot of great people that are always willing to help you out here. I have really enjoyed
the board over the last few months.

Nice to meet you "funky-Monks".......

Yes in deed, i have had alot of my questions answered here on this forum.

Also like others say, their's a great bunch of people here that enjoy the same sport as we do.

Want to say that i spent some time up in the Mass. New England area, and miss it very much.

As for Nitrox Cert., yes indeed it is a good specialty course to take. I learn alot from the course in general...
Safe diveing to you............

:wink:

It is nice to see someone "new" to the board that is so active like you !

You have 117 posts at the time I am writing this and you register this month !!!

Keep up the posting !!

Manogr

Originally posted by Manogr
It is nice to see someone "new" to the board that is so active like you !

You have 117 posts at the time I am writing this and you register this month

It's the benefits/curse of being online constantly... Wireless access w/ my laptop in the office, and a wireless NAT router hooked up to my cable modem at home. The laptop is off basically during my commute and that's about it.

Scubaboard is a great way to pass the time during TV commercials :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom