My Home Made SpearGun, Need advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

senjaya_chang

Registered
Reaction score
This is my new Speargun. 100% HOME MADE

5.jpg

- Muzzle made by Fibre Reinforce Plastic
- Barrel made by Aluminium 1.25"
- Spear Rail using common Cable Dock
- Trigger mech are my own design with 3mm Stainless Steel
- Handle made by aluminium with Fibre Reinforced Plastics at the surface.
- Spear ring made by Stainless Steel (still looking for better idea)
- Camo finishing made with marine paint, and finished with anti rust Clear paint

Tell me what u think about it, and please give me advice to finish the speargun butt, since i stuck on the idea, i have no idea how to mold the rubber for the butt. And i dont think i can have that technology here in Indonesia with cheap price, so Please some alternatives advice...

Thanks

PS your not really putting the but up to your shoulder, so you just need to put anything on the end that makes it comfortable for you to push it up against your hip while you reload it.

A JBL buttpad might fit. That is a hefty gun being made of large diameter aluminum. Stability and flotation will be a concern inasmuch as you did not mention barrel plugs. Suggest you fill the barrel with two part urethane foam. It won't take much and overflow could be a problem and cause damage to the finish. Care will be needed. What I do is insert a plug into one end, the plug being made from wet suit rubber. Pour small amount of epoxy into the barrel and let harden against the plug. Mix foam and pour into barrel. After foam sets up, dig out a little of the material and add a second shot of epoxy so barrel is sealed and the foam is protected from compression on both ends. If that is too much work, purchase some rubber drain plugs, the kind which compress by turning a bolt. Don't overdue the force.

Either discard the shaft ring or replace it. Drill the arrow 3/32 inch diameter hole just forward of the notches. Smooth the hole edges. Tie Spectra (dyneema) or kevlar string, or monfilament, directly to the shaft. This change will reduce drag on the shaft. Since the arrow uses a slide stop I assume the muzzle is large enough to accomodate small diameter string. If solution is satisfactory, grind off the stop.

Drill two small holes in the muzzle above and below the band slot. After inserting the bands, tie a string through the two holes to prevent the rubber band from blowing through. Test the gun first. The offset angle of the slot may be enough to prevent blow through.

Nice looking gun.

Pesky

Thanks for the comments, this gun is works very well than i can imagine. It shot extremely accurate. I've been try it for hundreds times, and find out that in 5 meters target, it will tolerate hit 0.5 cm from the target center spot (the target center spot is 7mm in diameter), without aim it higher or lower, just direct aim. However i use a pair of 9/16" riffe rubber band.
Never imagine it can be that accurate.

Trigger and sear work so slight. A little close to riffe competitor X trig mech.

Pesky, this gun's barrel is isolated, shamely i should admit that i've isolated it with shoes's rubber.. hehehe.. And yes it float, even if it's unisolated, it still floats, the whole material is floating material except for rubber. and trigger mech, however it's floating is enough.

the problem is i dont want to put any of Jbl part in it. JBL gun butt were not so smooth enough. Hope there's more ideas

I really want to make this gun perfect. Well... Hey, maybe i can make tons of this gun, stamp my own brand and sell it on ebay...

Thanks guys

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom