My Halloween Pumkpin - Where's yours?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ZenDiver.3D

Rejecting Reality
ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
So, all ya"ll who did a little underwater pumkpkin carving--- Where's your photo? Here's mine

DSC018931.JPG

DSC01899.JPG

Okay, here goes my attempt to post pictures. Two Jack Lake in Banff National Park on October 26th.

n629103096_1095736_2432_1_.jpg
[/IMG]

n629103096_1095735_2202_1_.jpg
[/IMG]

Okay, here goes my attempt to post pictures. Two Jack Lake in Banff National Park on October 26th.

n629103096_1095735_2202_1_.jpg
[/IMG]
Did you spread out a tarp to keep from getting pumpkin brains on the lake bottom?

We did ours on the surface, but they are dive-related...

Mine's the crappy one on the left. My husband tried his hand at a 3d pumpking for the first time (where you scrape away pieces instead of cutting all the way out). None of us thought he could do it, put he pulled off an A+ pumpkin.

pumpkin_both.jpg

Here's the pumpkin in normal lighting, so you can see it's for real. :)

pumpkin_jeff_light.jpg

I imagine it was to keep from kicking up a bunch of silt on the lake bottom during the carving.....

That's right, the group organizing the event put the tarp out to keep us out of the silt. We also had to capture the "guts" and bring that out along with the pumpkin. Then afterward it was all hands along the shore to collect the seeds etc. that escaped. The pumpkins had to be taken down whole.

I only took my dive knife... So I did caveman carving, compared to yours...

Yeah, we had a whole assortment of tools. Scary part was wielding the 9" filleting knife around the teeth!

Back
Top Bottom