My First Seahorse - Ft Wetherhill

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bubblesong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I also saw a lot other cool stuff, such as a cormorant that dove into the water in front of me, Horseshoe crab, etc. but this was a first for me.
DAE928A4-FA47-45AC-BF62-B35CD4545B5C.png

What depth? Looks shallow? Was there yesterday and today as well but no such luck on the seahorse or any tropicals

This guy was to the left of the ramp as i stepped in, less than two feet of water. I set a marker to find it later, but it had moved on after i left. I’ve heard they’re seen every so often, tail curled around a grass or seaweed.

Thanks. I will keep a look out.
Last year we saw one in a bucket that someone scooped up with a net.

Thanks, pics like these give me hope that I will someday have a productive day at Ft. Wetherill. I’ve been there a few times and struggled to see my buddy 3 feet away.

Thanks, pics like these give me hope that I will someday have a productive day at Ft. Wetherill. I’ve been there a few times and struggled to see my buddy 3 feet away.

And you’re not even sure it’s your buddy because of the shear number of divers around you. But this is promising.

I'm not going to be able to take my wife snorkeling any place but FTW now! Good job nice find!

I didn’t even realize there were seahorses in our area, great find!

The Lined seahorse ranges from Nova Scotia to the Gulf of Mexico.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom