My first experiment in manual photo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scotttyd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So I finally got to try out my new nikonp5100 and WA lense. My limited U/W experience has been with a basic P&S with only a program mode. I went to our local quarry to get a feel for using the camera. Viz was only OK (25 feet) and the subject matter is less than appealing, I got some good practice in. I was plesantly suprised by the quality of the photos for my first time. I seemed to get good color considering how little color there actually is in Fantasy Lake. Hopefully next month I can share some sharks from the Papoose. Feel free to make any comments (good or bad, I am a big boy and can handle critizisim, and I can always use advice). I did forget to burp the WA lense, not sure if that would have made any noticable difference.

4-18-1.jpg

This was a little try to get the black background with high shutter speed.

4-18-8.jpg

This was my attempt at simulating a ship wreck with WA.

4-18-2.jpg

My dive buddy AL

4-18-AL.jpg

My self portrait, although this probably should go under the topic of Ugly Mugs

4-18-me.jpg

4-18-6.jpg

There are a few more here. Fantasy Lake :: 4-18-6.jpg picture by Scotttyd - Photobucket

Ah..the clear green inland waters...looks cold, pictures are good though

Great work !! And given your limited subject availability it looks like you really have the hang of it !!

Looks good Scotty. We should have a good time on Bonaire. I got called for an emergency trip down, DeputyDan had his buddy cancel at the last minute on him and needed someone to help with a free trip ot Boniare.....the sacrfices I make for my dive buddys. I do now know I can pack for a dive trip in less then 24 hrs. :)

Must be rough Herman, thanks for lettings all of us know your pain. I am wanting to add a macro lense or two to my set up, but I would like to try yours out (if you do not mind) sometime as the beautiful Fantasy lake of Gypsy pool, when it warms up let me know when you plan on heading out.

Must be rough Herman, thanks for lettings all of us know your pain. I am wanting to add a macro lense or two to my set up, but I would like to try yours out (if you do not mind) sometime as the beautiful Fantasy lake of Gypsy pool, when it warms up let me know when you plan on heading out.

Be happy to let you use the macro (2of them) and wide angle lenses I have and I have plenty of stuff we can take to the quarry or pool to photograph.

Be happy to let you use the macro (2of them) and wide angle lenses I have and I have plenty of stuff we can take to the quarry or pool to photograph.

I have the WA lense, but would love to try the macro to see if it is something worth investing in.

Are ya is Bonaire right now? If so, I would not be on the internet, that is time to be under the water or relaxing with a cold one.

Yea, it's 6:30 AM,no one else is up, coffee is done and it's a little too early in the day for beer.

....and it's a little too early in the day for beer.

That is blasphemy!!! :D

Nice pictures Scotty. You certainly caught on to Manual much quicker than I did. I can't wait to see the tropics.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom