My first call out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jorbar1551

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I hear my phone going off so i rush up stairs and barely miss the call. I wait for about 30 seconds to see if the person left a message, and so far no luck. I call the number that called and its busy. hmmm. after i hang up, i get a message.

Call out at a local reservoir. Son is missing. Dad reported that the son and dad unloaded a boat into the water, and while the dad was parking the truck/trailer, he saw the boat capsize. I was told that the last known position was about 400 yards offshore which will make a large searching area.

Anyway, i call back the guy and tell him i cant go, because i'm out of town on vacation with family.

It always sucks to hear about this stuff right before the holidays.

I hate being out of the responding loop when the calls come but it happens. What’s even worse is when the calls come and you’re there but grounded.

Tis our season for dives. It seems that about every Christmas Holiday we get called for a bad one.

We almost had it last night when a drunk female left her cabin and walked across the lake to the bar. Her boyfriend and his sister, also her lover, :shakehead: went after her so now we had three adults out on the not ready for prime time ice.:11:

All ended well when she went to jail for trying to stab the other two with a butcher knife. Ahhh, the power of drugs and alcohol cocktails.

Keep us posted on the operation when you get updated.

Gary D.

I hate being out of the responding loop when the calls come but it happens. What’s even worse is when the calls come and you’re there but grounded.

Tis our season for dives. It seems that about every Christmas Holiday we get called for a bad one.

We almost had it last night when a drunk female left her cabin and walked across the lake to the bar. Her boyfriend and his sister, also her lover, :shakehead: went after her so now we had three adults out on the not ready for prime time ice.:11:

All ended well when she went to jail for trying to stab the other two with a butcher knife. Ahhh, the power of drugs and alcohol cocktails.

Keep us posted on the operation when you get updated.

Gary D.

That took an interesting turn. I got another call back that they werent going to dive last night because of conflicting reports from the father and other bystanders. They are going to meet today at 8am and bring out the sonar and sidescan stuff to determine if there really is a body down there.

I hope all goes well. We just pulled a kid and his truck out of a local lake this past weekend. I'm glad that we don't have to deal with the families.

I'm glad that we don't have to deal with the families.
Amen to that. I would have cracked a long time ago if I had to deal with them. I'm surprised lane B still has it together because when he was the head of Marine he had to deal with a lot of them over long periods of time until we found the victims.

I hope all went well with your operation. You DID debrief with the team and all involved didn't you?

Sounds like there is still hope in Jorbar's operation. Could this be a child custody deal or do they think the kid is in the water?

Gary D.

Searchers Hunt For Missing Tracy Fisherman - News Story - KTVU San Francisco

the "kid" is a 32 year old man. I thought it was a younger boy because i heard it was a son and father in law. They called it the first night, brought out all of the "toys" today and were still searching as far as i know. I'll post something when i know whatever is happening.

Let’s see if we can figure out the problem here. The searchers are wearing PFD’s. The dog and boat operators are wearing PFD’s. The victim isn’t wearing a PFD but was a good swimmer. I am convinced that they will never learn so PSD’s will be employed forever.

Still it’s a very sad ordeal but it could have been easily prevented.

Prayers sent.

Have a safe and Merry Christmas everyone.

Gary D.

No body was found on the first day. I heard they found a shoe and a hat. I think we are going to resume the search after xmas. aparrently its a pretty big lake. I was told we had 75 searchers involved including helicopters, divers, dogs, & search and rescue personnel.

I'm betting that alcohal was involved...

Another thing that everyone is worried about is that the lake is connected to the water pumps that suck the water from this lake down pipes all the way down to southern california.

Back
Top Bottom