my fins brought me here!!! ( XS SCUBA )

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nour131

New
Reaction score
# of dives
XS SCUBA POWER FIN which was by all means a big mistake WHY????????????

HERE IS WHY!!!: i received those fins today by mail and they costed me a bit over 80 dollars plus 90 dollars shipping along

with a set of XS SCUBA spring straps which i ordered extra for 55 dollars and once i got them unboxed they ARE

ridiculously small they look like kids beach toys the foot pockets barely fits me and they have a really really poor finish

along with 2 small cracks at the corners of the vents with some bits and grooves on the rubber and i am sure it

happened due to the unprofessional trimming process by hand which is the main reason i insisted on something made in

the USA to insure the good quality ( and oh believe me i do know that all other companies trim the excess rubber by hand

but at least they don't damage the fins ) now i cant really send them back even if i could simply cuz it would cost way

much more than the fins value that's why i doubt i would be buying anything that is labeled XS SCUBA even though i like

the quality of the springs straps but i already have 2 sets so..

PS: i really wanted to add pictures but i am new to this forum, so if anyone would tell me how i would appreciate it

Last edited:
i hope i didn't take too long and thanx for reading

You lost me at "Hello"

You're either into writing epic poetry or you have a serious formatting problem with whatever device you're typing on!

Anyhow, I didn't make it through your long verse but if it's helpful, I love my plain-jane avanti quattros, I have them in full foot and open heel.

You learned a valuable lesson: when you buy something on the Internet you need to factor in the seller's return policy and the cost of return shipping. Because it's often a wrong size/not as advertised/cheap chinese junk not worth 1/10th of the price and so on. It sucks that you paid that much for it, but whatchagonnado.

+1 on the xs scuba spring straps. I have a set. They come with several different strap attachments which came in handy when my primary fin broke (a case of used Internet gear) and my back up pair had a different type.

To post photos go into "Quick Reply" hit "Go advanced" button on lower right and then scroll down to "manage attachments".

---------- Post added July 27th, 2015 at 07:07 PM ----------

I won't buy anything online that requires fitting, been stung too many times particularly with fins.

i agree

---------- Post added July 28th, 2015 at 02:25 AM ----------

To post photos go into "Quick Reply" hit "Go advanced" button on lower right and then scroll down to "manage attachments".

---------- Post added July 27th, 2015 at 07:07 PM ----------

I won't buy anything online that requires fitting, been stung too many times particularly with fins.

thanx alot i will try that, and post pix as soon as i can

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom