My fins are dry and I don't like it, diving locations within a short drive from roseville?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alex Chernak

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
We got back from Cozumel last week mind blowingly amazing trip, prior to that we've dove Monterey a few times (some great immersions) some not great, and yuba gold mines with a vis of 1-2' and 45 degree water.
I'm sitting here at work trying to figure out a place to dive within a short drive from roseville, i haven't heard much good about folsom lake, and really haven't heard about conditions considering the lower levels.
We have 17 to 20 dives logged and want to log more, increase experience, and see more conditions, but right now we don't have the time to do more than a 24 hour trip for the next 2 months. Any thoughts?

Hey Alex, welcome to SB. My buddy and I dive all around the area 2x per week and are always welcoming new scuba buds. We live in El Dorado Hills and dive Folsom Lake, Nimbus dam, Rainbow Bridge and other spots (monterey at least 1x a month and heading to Tahoe this Tuesday). If you'd like to join us, shoot me a message and we will let you know when we are headed out. We always dive sunday mornings at Rainbow and Wednesday or Thursday nights.

We dove the Greenback bridge yesterday (excellent vis for the river - about 15 to 20 feet) first, then headed to Willow Creek (5 feet of vis with spots of 7ish.) and it was rough. We focus on picking up trash and collecting "treasure". Again, if you are interested, give me a shout.

Hey Alex, welcome to SB. My buddy and I dive all around the area 2x per week and are always welcoming new scuba buds. We live in El Dorado Hills and dive Folsom Lake, Nimbus dam, Rainbow Bridge and other spots (monterey at least 1x a month and heading to Tahoe this Tuesday). If you'd like to join us, shoot me a message and we will let you know when we are headed out. We always dive sunday mornings at Rainbow and Wednesday or Thursday nights.

We dove the Greenback bridge yesterday (excellent vis for the river - about 15 to 20 feet) first, then headed to Willow Creek (5 feet of vis with spots of 7ish.) and it was rough. We focus on picking up trash and collecting "treasure". Again, if you are interested, give me a shout.
Heck yes interested! I'll talk with my gf (dive buddy)

Where are you headed in Tahoe? I'm up there all the time. Not sure if you've seen my website, but I've got loads of info on dive sites around the lake. It's about 39-41F at the moment, depending on where you go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom