My DIY PVC GoPro Stabilizer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MrChen

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
It took about 30 minutes to cut and assemble. I used a design I saw on YouTube and even did the spring loaded camera screw mount. I used a GoPro camera mount adapter and was good to go.

I don't like the light mounts, but it's temporary until I figure out a good locline design. The most difficult part with the locline is the light mount on the end and I'm still figuring that out.

I've mounted the newest DRIS 1000 Impact lights with 130 degree video head. I have video with one light recorded a few weeks ago, I've attached it below. I had to zoom much of the video in while editing to get rid of the darker left side, but 2 lights resolves that issue. The lights are great up close and as expected do not penetrate very far. They are bright and I expect that two lights will look better. Once I have locline arms for the light mounts, it should improve more.

Tonight I dive with two lights and will post the video results once I get a chance to edit.

Wish List: Some sort of macro lens setup with flip capability, as well as flip filters. Any suggestions? Loc-Line arms with light mount.

2evx3yq.jpg2u4sfhf.jpg

Video with 1 light
[video=youtube;N44q2smk3l8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N44q2smk3l8[/video]

Cool video. Hoping to to a night dive at the bridge in the near future.

I see your dilemma regarding mounts for the lights. I often pondered over the same issue. Only thing that comes to mind for locline light mounts for those lights are the universal ones that SRP makes. Let us know what what you come up with.

Vis was only 5ft the other day. I might not have any video worth publishing.

Back
Top Bottom