my byline/descriptor changed to public safety diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grey Goose

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

I just saw that my byline thingy under my name is now public safety diver. I'm not. I didn't make this change and don't recall signing up to this group (if indeed it is closed), but might have signed up to lurk. Last I recall, my byline was DIR Practitioner (associated with one of the forums I signed up for). Don't see this byline listed under my personal details/preferences. Any thoughts on how this was changed without me knowing and how I can change back?

I have no idea why it changed but I removed it from your profile so you're back to DIR Practitioner.

You should be able to access PSD w/o joining if that was the trigger. Since it's a public group, it shouldn't have.

Just curious.

Why is my byline 'Angle Fish'.
I'm not a angel fish. Is there a way to change this, and how does this whole byline thing work.

Feel free to point me somewhere, if this has already been discussed or is documented. I did search Angel Fish.

Just curious.

Why is my byline 'Angle Fish'.
I'm not a angel fish. Is there a way to change this, and how does this whole byline thing work.

Feel free to point me somewhere, if this has already been discussed or is documented. I did search Angel Fish.

You can change that by joining a sub forum (group) . The various fish are automatically generated based on post count number.

Or if you donate to the site you get the power to type a custom line there.

If my writeup up is unclear I'm certain someone will help guide you through the process. Feel free to ask here.

Cameron

Perfect, thanks for the response. It turns out I am a Angel Fish - by definition.

I think I must done the search incorrectly somehow the first time. Sorry to need you to point out the obvious and easy to find.

Thanks @northernone and @The Chairman

Sorry to need you to point out the obvious and easy to find.
No need to apologize! You're asking a question dozens others want to know the answer to but are afraid to ask. "Why am I a Garibaldi?" is the most common question sent to Support@ScubaBoard.com. I am open to any suggestions on how to make it even more obvious and easy to find. I am also open to suggestions about any topics or clarifications that I should include in the user's guide. Any feedback is a bonus and much appreciated.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom