My Bulb is Dead!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonFrank

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've had this light a couple years, and the bulb died this last weekend. It was getting dimmer....quickly while diving. We noticed it was about as bright as my buddies Intova on our dive, and it usually is 5 times that bright. When I went to look at it at the hotel, I turned it on for about 20 seconds, and the bulb fell apart.

Sartek sells the bulbs for $100. Anyone know where to find one for less? It appears to be made by Brightstar. I will just pony up and get one shortly if I can not find anything, but $100 for a bulb that goes two years! OUch! This light MAY have had 100 hours on it.... certainly no more.

Another question is how does one replace the bulb. If I pull the lighthead apart, I can see the bulb, but it does not just pull out straight, and I don't want to force it out.

Maybe I should just send it in for service....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom