My Bio-fin splitfin...split

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

.....well, I've been VERY happy with my Bio-Fins (one original YELLOW pair 4-5 yrs old at least)...as well as a WHITE pair...and a BLACK pair made of the of the 'firmer-rubber-compund', both of these pairs bought in the last year or so) and all with the SS spring straps. I've never heard/seen a failure on a Bio-Fin such as yours.......the only 'weakness' I've seen is after a while the rubber bumper on the SS spring strap wears out and starts to crack.......and recently noticed a little 'rustiness' forming on the 'screws' of my 'old' YELLOW pair, which surprised me a little as they (the screws) are only about a year or so old, but it's very minor.......also, my dive buddy a few months ago had the rubber 'pull-ring' on one of her Bio-Fin straps break (her fins are a few years old too, but newer than my 'old' YELLOW ones)...although I've never experienced that particular failure. While not 'perfect', I still really like my fins and would recommend them to anyone...very comfortable.....very effective.

Scubatoys has them @ only $188 (after your Scubaboard 10% discount) and no sales tax unless you live in Texas...plus free shipping...that's quite a good price for what I consider the world's best fin !

Karl

Hmmm... I've dived my Apollo Bio-Fins for about five years and up to 350 dives in a year with no sign of anything other than reasonable wear. And I thought I wouldn't like split fins! My only "complaint" about them (and I knew it before I bought them) is that they are too heavy to travel with so I just take my Blades when I backpack.

Like DRbill, I've had mine for years (ok, I did manage to loose one)...with several hundred dives on them...

They have gotten a bit too much sun over the years, but are working just fine.

Back
Top Bottom