My best result for the GoPro3 Black during Wreck dives ( outside/inside )

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beluga333

New
Reaction score
Hi guys, i got my GoPro3 Black view weeks ago, and i tested my cam first at home with brilliant results. After this, i jumped into the the water and made my first underwater clip. I was very disappointed. I spend hours of time to test with my settings. My light is only a torch, a very good torch, but just a torch and no video spread light :).

My settings:

1920 x 1080p 50p
50p or 60p is doesn't matter, just important for NTSC or PAL. For a bit more Exposure, you can choose 25 or 30 fps, but then its not possible to create slomo sequences.

PROTUNE ON

Camera RAW ON

If you look the clip out of the camera, you will be scare !!! It looks horrible :vomit: . Its very important to edit your clip afterwards. For the beginning and for the basics i use the free GoPro Software "CineForm Studio". On the "edit tab" you will find a preset "protune". Thats very important to use it. For the whit balance you have to click "pick" on the right side and click on a white reference (e.g. slate) in your video preview. I mean, the result is really pretty.

A GoPro Testclip from my last wreckdive you will find hier:

GoPro Hero 3 Black Testclip / Wreck of El Arish/Tor and Salem Express - YouTube

The clip contains two wrecks between 30 and 40 meters in the Red Sea / Egypt

Cheers Tom

For filming in dark conditions you really need flood lights.

Beluga333 not a bad video and I would love to dive the Salem Express. (I have got to look up the history of that one). I you can't come up with a video reflector / diffuser then there are several examples of homemade ones on the web. I made a few out of plastic cup lids and it worked out well. I also made them so that you could just flip them off should you need to. Here is a GoPro clip in a cave called Peanut. Cave Diving - Peanut - YouTube

@avigulf
@TONY CHANEY

You are so right. For Video ist a diffuser the best choice. I have a diffuser mount for my light and it works perfekt ... normaly. There is just one handycap, the beam goes not so wide.

Tony, I cant see your Vid, because in Germany we have the f.....g GEMA. They protect copyrights of YT Vids. :whatever:

@ avigulf
@TONY CHANEY

You are right, flood light is the best choice for video. I have a diffuser for my light and will test it the next time.

Tony, your YT link doesnt work for me. We in Germany can't see clips with copyright music.

Funny thing is that we, in the US, sometimes can't see them either. Sorry.

The light beam looked red, were you using a red filter? WHat was the depth on the first dive?
Sorry for the questions but I am thinking about getting a GP3 Black, I have a GP and GP2 and I have been curious if there was that much difference in the 2 and 3.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom