MX-Z mCCR Side-Mount/BackMount update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unified Team Diving

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Guys

I just uploaded a video blog
UTD Video Blog MX-Z Rebreather Side-Mount or Backmount - Unified Team Diving
explaining in more detail the MX-Z mCCR rebreather, specifically in the back mount configuration. At DEMA we showed the system in Side-Mount Configuration and RBW did a very nice video (thanks again), but after getting many emails asking for the explanation on the back mount, I thought I would do another vblog going into more details about the back mount configuration and how versatile it is.

What I really love most about the MX-Z mCCR configuration is that it combines the MX Rebreather concepts with the Z-Side-mount diving concepts. This makes it consistent and compatible with the UTD Covenants (UTD/DIR approach to diving) and yet very versatile. One can dive it in a recreational setting, weighing less than 35lbs/17kgs including all O2 and bailout tanks, and yet easily scale it up to full technical, trimix, capable of depths beyond 400'/120m, by simply carrying more bailout. That is all that is needed. One could even "stage" a cave with bailout tanks of bottom/deco gas, simply plugging them in as needed, allowing for full functionality of the mCCR Rebreather or even using it as a PSCR for bailout or going to full OC bailout. The nice part about incorporating the Z-System into the MX system is that we are able to keep full functionality of the rebreather or the Open Circuit bailout -UTD/DIR - while using any of the bailout tanks. This eliminating the need to carry large bailout tanks.

You can even switch between back-mount and side-mount in 30 seconds. You simply switch out the loop hoses, move the canister to the side and away you go. Everything else stays the same, even the WOB :) All in all, this is a very versitile platform which we can accomplish so great diving, from recreational, to technical, to cave, to side-mount. All with the same unit, maintaining consistency in philosophy, configuration, skill, knowledge and team.

Enjoy
Andrew

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom