MV Truk Master

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FinnMom

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
A friend in the dive travel business is with a group of clients on the just-refitted MV Truk Master. Truk Lagoon
They sound like very happy campers! I asked for photos to share and have enclosed those I received.

"First class service, super nice crew, brand new vessel, great guiding, brand new everything!"
Ismo Kuusisto - Dive Travel Finland

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 157
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 158
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 164
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 160
  • Salonki_600.jpg
    Salonki_600.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 140
  • Baari_600.jpg
    Baari_600.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 135
  • Truk_Master_lasku_02.png
    Truk_Master_lasku_02.png
    123.9 KB · Views: 139
I saw your question, but I'm waiting for a comment from someone with more definite information. I only know what I can find surfing the Internet (shows Truk Master, Truk Odyssey and Thorfinn).

How many liveabords are there in Truk now?
Currently there are 3 liveabords based in Truk :
1. Truk Master
2. Thorfinn
3. Odyssey
:wink:

I saw your question, but I'm waiting for a comment from someone with more definite information. I only know what I can find surfing the Internet (shows Truk Master, Truk Odyssey and Thorfinn).
That's right, these 3 boats are the only ones based in Truk ;-)

Not sure about Truk Master, but I am counting the days till Jan 18 when I get to dive the Odyssey again!

We spent two weeks in Truk last month - land based at Blue Lagoon and liveaboard on the Odyssey. They were both very nice. I would recommend either without hesitation.

The Thorfinn is visible from the Blue Lagoon resort - anchoring about a mile off the resort. The Thorfinn does not move, other than swinging at anchor. The locals don't have anything positive to say about the boat or its captain. I asked our Blue Lagoon guide to drive us by the Thorfinn. It looked terrible. All of their diving seems to be from skiffs dispatched from the boat. There were two to three divers in the skiff when we saw it in action. On our departure day, it sailed - accompanied by plumes of black smoke - to the local harbor. We got a close-up look and it didn't look good - my advice is to avoid the Thorfinn at all costs.

During our stay, the Truk Master arrived at the lagoon, where we saw it tied-up at the local dock. It looked very nice. In fact, we were scheduled on its first cruise, but storms west of Hawaii prevented its on-time arrival in Truk. Perhaps on a future trip.

Back
Top Bottom