mv dolphin cancellation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

manumachin

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,
il hope my translation is correct :

We had planned a getaway for a few years on tubbataha, the trip of a lifetime for a european. Last year; on a snub stupidly the intermediaries, thinking of making some savings, and on a treaty directly with the boat mv dolphin / dolphinbaydivers.
A friend had cruise on this boat.

Very few exchanges with Jan the dive master, since he is on a cruise during the week.

So no answers possible during the week and the weekend, 3 words: yes, no, transfer here, ...

It is not very reassuring .... No contract sent. I guess this is the Filipino concept, I am "confident" because the the world of diving respects itself

In short,
I send 60% in October, by transfer to Tauber's account (the boss) ... a personal account? Okay

The Covid arrives; no news

I question them in March, and his return: boat at quay, no cruise.

of course ; so what?

So, postpone the cruise to next year, but ask for the remaining 40% of the cruise + 50% more for next year ....

50% for the boat that does not move with its staff and divemasters.

The cruise costs 1950 euros ; 50% I find it violent. … for two = 1950 euros more …

i'm teacher in a small school ,

Return yesterday : 40%, negotiation . And if I find that the cruise is too expensive I can make myself their hotel (the Dolphinbayresort) or consider another cruise.

I would love your feedback, a little more experienced. I made myself well scammed or it is the rule of the game in the world of diving ??? :)

40% from 1950, which means that my cruise, if it takes place, next year, will cost me more 6000 euros (for two)
It does not make sense !

this cruise is offered by dive providers, so i guess they are serious. So i can't understand.

Now; I feel stupid, and stuck. Even if I endorse this 40% extra; I don't see myself on the boat next year to dive with a guy, who has just scammed me, at least that's my current feeling.

Your opinions are welcome.

Now; I feel stupid, and stuck. Even if I endorse this 40% extra; I don't see myself on the boat next year to dive with a guy, who has just scammed me, at least that's my current feeling.
Really sorry to hear about your dilemma!
1. Check your travel insurance, if you had bought one, if it is covered for cancellation under various conditions.
2. Ask for refund fully or partially.
3. I certainly won't dive with them ever.

Good LUCK.

I really feel bad for you and it does sound like they’re taking advantage of you. When is your trip supposed to be?

in april.
Am I ready to pay the supplement for the next year ; with so much uncertainty ... I also come to wonder if I would do a cruise one day, the risk especially financial being so important.
I 'm stumped ...
I will be interested in the situation of other cruise passengers. Are they more secure with intermediaries? is this over-taxation justified? How now to share a pleasant week on this boat with this team?
it's a shame I would have loved to do tubbataha.

and it's a shame because my friends who dived with the boat told me that the team was cool ...

and it's a shame because my friends who dived with the boat told me that the team was cool ...

You might have a different team to dive with in the first place. Professional do move around.

If I have to make one diving trip in the country, Tubattaha is the only option!

it appears that many small businesses are looking at life this way, more worried about their own livelihood then their reputations as men and businesses; i think they will come to discover that their reputation means more in the long run and they will suffer the consequences.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom