MV Deep Blue - Galapagos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Magus

Reaction score
HI there,

I am planninng to dive on Galapagos from May 1 till May 12. I am considering MV Deep Blue that is based on my information a brandnew the most speedy boat in the area.

I am gathering information about this chatter and will really appreciate your feedback on both vessel and location.

Thanks
Magus

Magus:
HI there,

I am planninng to dive on Galapagos from May 1 till May 12. I am considering MV Deep Blue that is based on my information a brandnew the most speedy boat in the area.

I am gathering information about this chatter and will really appreciate your feedback on both vessel and location.

Thanks
Magus

I've been on the Deep Blue and its a great boat. The food was good, the cabins were nice and the boat roomy. Wolf and Darwin islands are fantastic. I saw a school of mantas that had at least 150 rays in it. You get to the point where seeing hammerheads is almost ho hum. I've got some pix on a website if you're interested. If you want any more info let me know.

adivedog:
I've been on the Deep Blue and its a great boat. The food was good, the cabins were nice and the boat roomy. Wolf and Darwin islands are fantastic. I saw a school of mantas that had at least 150 rays in it. You get to the point where seeing hammerheads is almost ho hum. I've got some pix on a website if you're interested. If you want any more info let me know.

Thanks for the reply!!! What's you impression on any land visits? Do they provide Nitrox? I think to take my wing and rings with me just to have dual cylinders? Is it ok with the boat (eg I know that Agressor fleet does not allow to do it)
You've been on the same dates - what was the sea condition and temperature???

P.S. What's your website? I am really interested to see your pix!!!

Magus:
Thanks for the reply!!! What's you impression on any land visits? Do they provide Nitrox? I think to take my wing and rings with me just to have dual cylinders? Is it ok with the boat (eg I know that Agressor fleet does not allow to do it)
You've been on the same dates - what was the sea condition and temperature???

P.S. What's your website? I am really interested to see your pix!!!

On the northern itinerary, the land visits are minimum, I think there are 4 or 5 visits, but they are great too, you see sea lions, land iguanas, marine iguanas, Galapagos hawks, galapagos doves, Boobie birds, and other species.

I don't believe they would allow doubles. Galapagos is a protected area and a National Park Guide is assigned to each group, there is a dive guide with each group to make sure you get the best opportunities to see the most animals.

The Deep Blue was supposed to have a nitrox system on board by April I think, but the supplier of the Nitrox system has been giving them the run around and now don't know when it will be installed. I know there will be nitrox, just don't know when. Some time this year.

As for the water temp, the southern islands which you dive the first and last days will be around mid sixties, and the water temp
at Wolf and Darwin will be in the mid 70's. Because of the currents in Galapagos the temps can change rapidly. The week before my last visit, Darwin water was 80 degrees, the next week when I was there it was 76 degrees. As for the air temperature, it is generally warm, wearing shorts and t shirts for the land visits. But, would still take a sweatshirt or jacket, as the ocean breezes and night can be cool.

Where are you from ?

My site is http://jjboll.home.insightbb.com

Thanks indeed for your responses! Now I am just counitng days when I get there!!!

I am Russian leaving in Moscow. So i will have an opportunity to have a nice trip around half of the world to get Galapagoss. But I think it will be worth it )))

You should have no need for doubles. Profiles are all recreational. There can be high currents in many locations, anything that increases drag is a poor idea. If you plan to see a whale shark, anything that increases drag is a really bad idea, you are in for a hard swim.

On the Aggressor we dove out of inflatables, I'm guessing the Deep Blue might be the same. The boat drivers will not want to be hauling a set of doubles over the side when you return.

Ralph

Back
Top Bottom