Musashi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

octotat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone know if the Japanese battleship Musashi has been located and or dived since her sinking in WWII? I can't locate any information about whether she is being dived or not. She was sunk in WWII in the Battle of Leyte Gulf, in the more specific battle of Sibuyan Sea. I can find lots of info on her sinking but none on her final resting place. The Musashi was sister ship of the Yamato, the largest battleships ever built with 18 inch guns. I visit the region every two or three years and this would be an ultimate dive for me

Not that I'm aware of. I remember reading somewhere that the reported position of the Yamato is in about 1100', so it's not diveable in the forseeable future (assuming the position is accurate, which it probably isn't). I haven't heard anything about the Musashi, however,

Thanks,
Robert

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom