Multiple sclerosis and diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Hi All,

I am new to this board and figured this would be the best board to post this. I was looking for any advice and experience. My wife has multiple sclerosis she was diagnosed back in March of 2020. We are planning to get certified this year and we already spoke to her doctors and they said it would be fine. I know all dive shops would need the doctors note for the certification. Some of her MS symptoms is she does have trouble walking little and the heat isn't the best for her. I was just wondering if there is anything to do during the certification process and for the future. She loves the ocean and and wants to go diving badly In the keys and I know how crazy florida heat can be at times. Any advice on gear or staying cool before getting into the water or anything like that.

You should contact Diveheart. They‘re based in the Chicago area but work with physically and mentally disabled individuals worldwide. I’ve seen them out at our local quarry diving. They would probably be good for some advice, at least.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom