Multiple (identical) notifications

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hazmat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm getting sometimes two or three of the same thread notification, each the same, other than a timestamp less than 10 seconds apart. Any idea why?

Thanks.

not sure. I dont get them a they occur but rather seem to get like a weekly dump at the end of the week...kinda odd if you ask me.

This also happened to me for several months. I was getting 3-4 of the same notifications. I finally turned off email notification, but when I turned it back on recently the problem did not come back.

The email notifications are queued. If you have instant e-mail notifications, they also are queued, and not precisely instantaneous. When the queue reaches X, then the emails are sent.

If a thread has post # w, x, y, and z accumulate in the queue (before the e-mail sends - which happens on SB sometimes) ... it appears as though 4 emails are sent out, but that only the e-mail with the text for post #z would be in the e-mail.

At this time, the solution is a mystery, as well as the actual cause. My hypothesis is just that.

At the same time; it's also possible that the problem we're having with our CMOS clocks on multiple servers, which make the server time synchronization extremely difficult, may also be the culprit.

This is a known problem, and is somewhat of a nuisance.

Thanks, Howard. Weird, but explains what I see.

Same problem here. A few days ago I got I think 5 from the same thread. Regardless of the queuing issue, this also often happens when the thread only has one recent post.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom