MultiDeco: Buhlmann, VPM, or both?

Do you use MultiDeco for Buhlmann, VPM, or both?

• Buhlmann

Votes: 18 78.3%
  • VPM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Both Buhlmann and VPM

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadada

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
If you use MultiDeco for dive planning, do you use it for Buhlmann, VPM, or both? I'm only interested in divers who are specifically using MultiDeco as at least one of their planning applications

Why do you care for only those using Multi-deco? Some may have avoided it if they were not wanting VPM for whatever reason and that may have been a factor in choosing their planning software.

My instructor wanted us using VPM in class, so we did. Some of the divers I buddy with use VPM, and some don't. Easy to switch back and forth for team concepts, so I use both.

I have 3 Shearwaters I use, 1 VPM unlocked (my spare computer). I originally used VPM with vplanner but I switched to Buhlmann due to the rest of the divers using it during a training course and have not switched back. Cost of upgrading the other SWs is a factor but I do not even compare profiles for planning purposes anymore.

Why do you care for only those using Multi-deco? Some may have avoided it if they were not wanting VPM for whatever reason and that may have been a factor in choosing their planning software.
Thanks @tbone1004

I'm specifically interested in how MultiDeco is used. There have been other threads and polls asking which decompression algorithm is used, which planning software is used, etc.

I would assume a lot of people are in my situation. I used to use VPM, using V-Planner. When I decided to use Bulmann instead, I got Multi-deco for that express purpose. I at first did not even realize VPM was an option on Multi-Deco.

I originally bought V-Planner because VPM is what we used in my AN/DP course. I swapped the license to Multi-Deco post-cert because I dive Buhlmann w/GF. If I had known at the time that Multi-Deco did both, I would have just gotten that to begin with, but it's not like I'm out anything since Ross will transfer the license.

Back
Top Bottom