Muck Diving in Roatán Honduras - March 2022 (4K)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EvilOtter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
After two long years of COVID-related lockdowns, we finally returned to our second home in Roatán. The week was largely spent carrying out much needed maintenance on our condo and touching base with friends who we have missed.

A painful ear infection prevented me from boat diving, so I had to content myself with critter crawling around the Barefoot Palapa. The water was extremely turbid as a result of several weeks of heavy rainfall and unusually low winds. Visibility ranged from 5 to 10 feet and copious backscatter was unavoidable.

In spite of the challenging conditions for photography, I thoroughly enjoyed some much needed “me-time” over the course of three, luxurious, two-hour solo dives. And, while I did not spot any rare or exotic species, I was once again reminded of the incredible diversity of the marine environment that surrounds us. Let us never take this for granted.

All underwater video was shot on a Panasonic Lumix DMC-G85 in an Ikelite housing.

That was awesome. Life as we don’t know it....loved the Nudi!

Back
Top Bottom