Mt. Storm quarry equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

emcbride81

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I remember reading that somewhere at Mt. Storm there is old quarry equipment that was left, is this true? If so, is there a compass bearing from a platform and what is the depth?

As far as we have found, it doesn't exist. What some of the older guys in the group say is it was a shack, not exactly equipment. But, from myself and friends that have done pattern searches on the bottom, we have found nothing. And, you need to ask- why would they leave any equipment there? its not like the place flash flooded. Every lake and quarry has the rumour of equipment left, true in most quarries, but seldom in lakes. There is supposed to be a bulldozer in Lake Holiday, too. I haven't met anyone that has ever seen what is supposedly in storm, but.....who knows....
-J

cool...I actually just saw a map online that says it is supposed to be at 100 ft, after the 90ft platform....but you are certainly right about the equipment/town ruins that are always rumored in places like this!

The map- off the internet was made before the lake became deeper. It should have a couple other platforms shown that don't exist.
-J

Back
Top Bottom