MRI scan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dear readers:

Just a couple of more words on “deserved” and “undeserved” hits - - I doubt that it is linked directly to the use of dive computers.

This designation of "culpability" is a concept linked to the Haldane idea of the metastable state that implies that gas bubbles will not form if you are under that limit. At the time that Haldane made those tables, it was already known (by the German chemist Wilhelm Ostwald) that “impurities” greatly affect this so-called metastable limit.

We have very good evidence today that “impurities” in the form of microbubbles (the tissue gas micronuclei) are always present in the diver’s body. Thus, the limits set by the tables are only a part of the story. They are limits when considering a certain population of tissue micronuclei. If that population is bigger than normal, then DCS can result upon decompression.

The population of microbubbles is shifted when one forms them in their body. The formation processes, as stated before, are strenuous activity – especially heavy physical activity such as lifting, climbing ladders, etc.

Avoid these to help avoid the underserved hits.:yelling:

Dr Deco :doctor:

For those of you who are interested, this is a reminder of the
[red]Decompression Physiology [/red]
class I have at the Catalina Island station.For more information, connect on: http://wrigley.usc.edu/hyperbaric/advdeco.htm

I don't mean to sound neg. to computers so dont get me wrong but computers miss lead people badly as do tables they are all based on the same infomation but the tables are set times and no give onless you use the wheel which gives a little. computers very at diffent depth's which is great. and yes I dive with one now but all and all how meny of us are 22 year male in profect heath.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom