Mr12 III parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mullannix930

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a mr12dfc first stage with what I was told was a MR12 III second stage. Can I get the parts for the second stage, or am I stuck. If I can't, can I get a second stage to replace/upgrade it? I don't want to replace the first stage, but if I have to replace the second I will.

Hi there,

Ok. the MR12 is still in production and you can get 1st stage parts, however the III is over a 20 year old 2nd stage, and the parts are obsolete. We are not running a formal "upgrade" program at this time, however I would encourage you to try and work something out with a LDS. I would imagine they would be able to help you in some capacity, upgrade from your old into something much more current.

I hope this helps.

Zak

Just curious... Can you tell the model of second stage by the serial number? If so, could I tell you the number and make sure that is a mr12 III and not a different model. I have no doubt that I will be buying a new reg, but I love this one.

---------- Post Merged at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:59 PM ----------

I forgot to ask... What would be the comparable new model to that reg?

Hi, I can't tell by the serial numbers as it's too old. However you could take a pic and email to me at zohara@us.mares.com. I'll be happy to identify then. I don't remember if the III is a metal regulator or not.. If not, the closest comparable would be the Mares Rover 12S or the Prestige 12S. Whichever you like better.

Zak

Back
Top Bottom