Mr Wizard type underwater tricks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HowieDean:
Anybody have any fun "Mr Wizard" type ideas for underwater.
Done the egg yoke at 110 / Tennis ball at 100 / of course ballons are also cool.
Know therre are alot of creative minds out there so any ideas or experiences would be appreciated.

New to the board trying - moved this post here trying to get some response

Thanks
I don't know any of these. Would you elaborate please?

If you crack an egg at depth it will stay in a little ball. If you take a tennis ball down, it will crush under the pressure and then go 'pow' as you go back up. Ballons just get smaller.

You can take a coke bottle and fill it with air (holding it upside down of course) and let it go, and the bubbles streaming out make it look like a rocket. Remember though, don't pollute!!

HowieDean:
Anybody have any fun "Mr Wizard" type ideas for underwater.
Done the egg yoke at 110 / Tennis ball at 100 / of course ballons are also cool.
Know therre are alot of creative minds out there so any ideas or experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks
What are you up to, anyway? Is mischief afoot here?

The egg float will work at any depth, won't it - since the Spec Gravity of the egg is close to water. Putting a seal, plastic, soft-drink bottle of air in your pocket on the boat - with the newbie watching, then showing it to him at depth is fun. Makes them respect pessure.

Mostly, I just try to not screw up too often. :crafty:

Take a Coke down to 100 feet. Shake vigorously. Open...nothing happens.

Not sure at what depth this will not work anymore (shallower of course) but it is an interesting observation.

OH NO NOT THE WARHAMMER!!!
I am pretty sure that the egg thing works at pretty much an depth. I know that it will work at 20'.
I want to try a whoopy cushion. Blow it up at depth and listen to it as you ascend or maybe just let it go.

Need a new link to the warhammer. No longer working.

Anyone got it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom