Moving to Greenville SC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Floatingtheflats

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am moving to Greenville SC in December and I am looking for information on dive sites and dive shops in the area. I currently have a master diver card through SSI and I am looking at going towards the technical side of diving. I look forward to joining the diving community down there and diving new places. Thanks

Contact Bill Routh @ Off the Wall Dive Charters (or something like that). He can take you to 300'
in Lake Jocassee and sell you mixed gas. He also has a heated boat so you can dive through winter. It's fun when it's snowing.

Welcome to South Carolina

Here is the link to Off the Wall, that evad recommended - OFF THE WALL DIVE CHARTERS (864)944-DIVE

Popular dive sites include both Lake Jocassee and Lake Keowee. Here are threads about the dive conditions (although the Keowee one is way out of date) - http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/south-eastern-united-states/327192-lake-keowee-sc-dive-reports.html http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/south-eastern-united-states/285334-lake-jocassee-update.html

One SSI dealer in the area is Upstate Scuba - Home Page

Happy Diving

No caves or caverns near by. If you want an overhead dive there is an old pump house/water treatment facility in Lake Keowee. Bill is the best tech guy in the area if you want to go that direction. There are a couple of other shops that do most of the training for new divers in the area.

In Jocassee there is an underwater forest as well as grave yard that you could easily reach. To get to the Jocassee Girls Camp or the Attakula Lodge, both in about 300' of water, you need to hook up with Bill.

What brings you to Greenville? It is a great place to live, work and play.

Thanks for the information. Is there is cave or cavern diving close by?

Depends on if you consider the panhandle of Florida close or not. You can certainly have great long weekend of top notch cave diving if you are up for a few hours drive. Much closer to you once you are in Greenville than it is now! :D

There is Blindmans Cave in Norris Lake TN near Knoxville. Go to Rheas Dive Services on line and watch the video. It's a real cave with stalagmites and stalagtites.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the links and information. I am looking forward to diving these new sites with everyone.

If you need a list hole in the wall great places to eat around Greenville, let me know. We have a ton of great places in the area. Good luck with the move.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom