Moving to California

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ERP

Reaction score
I just accepted a job in Walnut Creek (East Bay area I guess).

I'm looking for reassurances that there is good diving inside a reasonable driving distance.... Please!!!! :wink:

I'll be moving down in January, looking for dive buddy(s).

I'm a relatively new diver, 31 dives, most of them in the sunny PNW. No real experience with surf entries or kelp, so I'm gonna need some pointers.
Once I get a few more dives under my belt I intend to take a DIRF course.
If anyone is interested in giving me the 10c tour, drop me a PM.

I'm in the Sacramento area myself, but I would'nt mind meeting you in Monterey to do some diving.

Sounds good to me, I'll send you a PM when I get down there.

I live in the Livermore area (East Bay) and would be available to dive sometimes. I'm Rescue Diver certified with almost all my dives done in Monterey Bay. Drop me a line if you ever want to dive, melfox26@yahoo.com

Mel

Thanks Mel, I will.

It looks like I'll be in temorary accomodation down there at the start of January, I'm sure the unimportant stuff like finding somewhere to live and moving in will probably prevent me from diving until the end of Jan though.

I'm in Santa Cruz, the north point of the monterey bay, and I'm always up for a dive. throw a pm my way if you need a buddy

ERP once bubbled...
I just accepted a job in Walnut Creek (East Bay area I guess).

Goona be a warm water wussie huh? Sad, too sad ;-0

Phil

MechDiver once bubbled...

Goona be a warm water wussie huh? Sad, too sad ;-0

Phil

Hehehe... :)

I doubt the water temp is going to be much different in Northern California vs Puget Sound. Now the air temp, that's a different story :)

I really love the Puget Sound area, and I wish I could have found a decent job up here, but it just didn't work out that way.

I am looking forwards to seeing the big kelp forrests though :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom