Moving to Bermuda : Best dive shop for locals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jshank22

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey,

I have a job offer in Bermuda which I'm very likely going to accept. Anybody have a good dive op recommendation for people who live on the island and not just visit?

Also, in the event I do move there, I may be looking for a dive buddy.

Thanks in advance!

There are only a handful of shops. All more or less have similar reviews. I had the sense that Triangle may be more of a local favorite but not sure. Triangle offers a dive package for locals, an unlimited two tank dive trip season dive package.

When people ask what op to use when they are going on a vacation to Bermuda, I usually suggest Dive Bermuda.
Triangle has also gotten good reviews. Another op that has gotten good, albeit somewhat mixed reviews is Blue Water Divers.
I also mentioned that one consideration might be where you are staying on the island, as getting around the island is not as simple as in other locations. (No car rentals, driving on the left on a scooter etc.)
However if you are working there you are hopefully able to have a car which might make that consideration unimportant.

In any event, I hope the job offer works out and that you find some of the great diving that Bermuda has to offer.

Welcome to the island!

All three mentioned - Dive Bermuda, Triangle and Blue Water and also Tucker's - are good and offer yearly membership. You'll find the cost of them on their websites. Blue Water had a change of management a couple of years ago for the better I've been told.

The dive shops tend to go to the spots close to them so after a while you will get bored of diving the same place. Many of them will let you pay for one day of diving and offset it against the membership cost so you can try them out if you want.

They have slightly different cost of membership as well. Some are more social than others. Some have better location from weather perspective than others. Some have better parking than others... etc. etc. We rotate between two dive clubs that dive different ends of the island each year or so.

Members tend to group themselves into buddy teams and dive together depending on who shows up.

That you all for the great information. Looks like I'm moving to the island, so all of this has been very helpful!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom