Moving messages between folders

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BradMM

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've looked but can't find any info on moving PM messages between folders. I've done a search but nothing.

It's kind of a convoluted process.

1. First create any new folders using the Edit Folders option - should be the last option in the main Private Messages window on the upper left under "My Messages".

2. Then select the old folder from the list above it and click the check box to the far right for each msg. to be moved.

3. Then hit Selected Messages at the lower right - the count there should match how many you've previously selected.

4. The default option in that drop down dialog box should be Move to Folder. Change it if it's not.

5. Hit Proceed and all your created folders will be listed in dropdown menu in the Move Private Messages dialog box - select the appropriate folder then the Move Items button on the right.

Note: you can't do this with Sent Messages. (we didn't write the code) All you can do is store them in your Sent Folder. If you haven't enabled that option you can do so about 1/2 way down here: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions

You can also Export messages into a file on your computer. That option is found at bottom left of every folder. "Download all Private Messages as"
That option is also available for selected messages listed in Step 3.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom