Moving from Oceanic Reo to Shearwater Cloud (Perdix AI)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DelmarSamil

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Anyone know how to get your dives exported from DiverLog+ to Shearwater Cloud? I went from an Oceanic REO to a Perdix AI and I can't find a way to move them. DiverLog doesn't seem to support the Perdix and Shearwater Cloud definitely doesn't support the Reo.

I tried using Subsurface as an intermediary but either I am not using it right, or it won't work. Frustrating, as I work in IT and know there has to be an easy way to do this but I am at a loss and would rather not have to do this one dive at a time, though if I have to I will but still not sure how to do it.

Why not keep Subsurface? IMHO it is a superior application in most all aspects and you can store your dive data in the cloud and/or on your laptop.

I found Subsurface’s interface to be non-user friendly. What devices are you using? Windows, Android, iPhone/Mac?

I found Subsurface’s interface to be non-user friendly. What devices are you using? Windows, Android, iPhone/Mac?
Using an Android phone and a Windows PC. Will have the phone with me when I dive,the PC is a desktop and does not have Bluetooth.

According to this thread: DiverLog+ Export

You'll need to sync DiverLog+ with their PC software; eDiverLog (both are made by the same company). Then you can export from eDiverLog. https://ediverlog.com/Windows.html

I'm not sure if you'll need to use subsurface before going to shearwater cloud. I suspect you could skip it entirely. I use subsurface as my dive logger so I've never exported from it.

Hmm, I will do this tonight after work. I hope it does work,as I am at my wits end on getting this to export. I found a way to do it but the export is to an individual file for each dive and the import function doesn't recognize the format.

For me, iOS and Windoze

Anyone know how to get your dives exported from DiverLog+ to Shearwater Cloud? I went from an Oceanic REO to a Perdix AI and I can't find a way to move them. DiverLog doesn't seem to support the Perdix and Shearwater Cloud definitely doesn't support the Reo.
Can’t do that. You can export from DiverLog+, but can import that int SW Cloud. You would need another software that is not brand centric to do that.
I tried using Subsurface as an intermediary but either I am not using it right, or it won't work. Frustrating, as I work in IT and know there has to be an easy way to do this but I am at a loss and would rather not have to do this one dive at a time, though if I have to I will but still not sure how to do it.
Hmm. What’s not working right? When I first started using Subsurface, I imported my log from DiverLog+ into Subsurface. Also had no trouble connecting my computers Oceanic VT4.1 and Shearwater Perdix AI.

From DiverLog+, go to File —> Export Dive Data. Select dives you want to export. I used the DL7 Standard option.

Then in Subsurface, Import —> Import Log Files, then select the format. The DL7 should be in .zxu format which is under Dive Log Files.

I'm not aware of a way to import non Shearwater data to Shearwater Cloud. As others wrote, I recommend to use a brand neutral solution which can import data from any manufacturer. You can import data from eDiverLog and Shearwater into Diving Log and Subsurface and have everything in one place. Additionally you can use Shearwater Cloud for your newer dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom