Mouth piece, comfobite and deep6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Smelly G

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I recently switched to deep 6 regulators to use with twin tanks. Previously I had apeks regulators and really liked the apeks comfobite mouth piece. I tried to remove the mouth piece and put it on the deep6 second stage but it seems too loose. It is quite a bit larger and does not fit snugly like the deep6 mouth piece does. Even with a tight ziptie I can pull it off with some force.

Does anyone know if there are different size mouth pieces and if I can get an apeks one that fits the deep6 second stage?

I understood AquaLung made (makes) the original ComfoBite mouthpiece.

I like them so much I put them on my bottom gas (Deep6) and deco regs (Dive Rite). No issue at all with proper fit.

Careful of the soft knock-offs out there; they don’t stay put like the AquaLung version. I put those in my spares kit.

I understood AquaLung made (makes) the original ComfoBite mouthpiece.

I like them so much I put them on my bottom gas (Deep6) and deco regs (Dive Rite). No issue at all with proper fit.

Careful of the soft knock-offs out there; they don’t stay put like the AquaLung version. I put those in my spares kit.

It wasn't a knock off I took it off my apeks atx40 regulators. So I'm sure is is aqualung as they own apeks.

Apeks and Aqualung have different versions of the comfobite mouthpiece as an FYI. I much prefer the Apeks ones to the Aqualung ones, but that's personal preference.
That said, Aqualung and Deep Six have the same size mouthpiece opening which is considered "standard". Apeks uses a slightly larger opening on the mouthpiece, it's only about half a cm bigger, but if the mouthpiece has been fit on the Apeks, it will be permanently stretched and will be loose on the Deep Six. A new one will fit better, or get the actual Aqualung comfobite mouthpiece which is slightly smaller and doesn't have the nubs on the inside of the mouthpiece.

This one will also fit now that the patent has expired
C-Bite+ Firm Mouthpiece

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom