mounting?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Generally I don't have a light with me, but most of the "local" diving is wrecks and I would like to be able to peak and look into the nooks and crannies. I dive a BP/W and have no pockets. Not sure how to describe the light. It's say 6-8inches long, normal flashlight style, not a canister nor stubby light. It does have a synching wrist strap, but seems silly to carry it on a wrist. Thanks again for any ideas.

Equipment Configuration | Global Underwater Explorers

go a little less than a quarter of the way down. Small piece of inner tube or bungee on the shoulder straps, bolt snap on the top of the light. Clips to your chest D-rings, runs down and the head is held in by the bungee or inner tube. super easy.

Perfect.
Thanks
The above is probably the solution for having the light secured to you when not in use. But if you wish to have an optional hands free mount on your BC check out our adjustable BCD dive light mount. It works great and allows you adjust the light position. If you are interested I am still looking for scuba board members to give this free mount a try and give us there review.

s780561385371224093_p5_i3_w320.jpeg
s780561385371224093_p5_i2_w160.jpeg

that's actually pretty nifty, especially for video use. Would be good to start working with those of us that sidemount cave dive wearing helmets since we typically put backup lights and quite often primary lights on the helmet but have no way of adjusting them.

generally you don't take a light with you unless you intend on using it....

I don't know that I agree with that statement... I pretty much always have a backup light on my left shoulder. You never know when you'll spot an interesting hole in the reef, or want to peek into a dark crevice to watch some critter.

I carry one with me too, but I generally intend to use it.... Most recreational dives I don't intend to use it so I don't bother taking one with me, granted that happens like twice every other year :)

that's actually pretty nifty, especially for video use. Would be good to start working with those of us that sidemount cave dive wearing helmets since we typically put backup lights and quite often primary lights on the helmet but have no way of adjusting them.

Would you be interested in trying these out. Tell us what kind of video light you use. We have other mounting means other than the clamp mount for lights like sola, itorch or big blue lights.

---------- Post added January 1st, 2015 at 07:07 PM ----------

I don't know that I agree with that statement... I pretty much always have a backup light on my left shoulder. You never know when you'll spot an interesting hole in the reef, or want to peek into a dark crevice to watch some critter.
What kind of video lights or torch will you be using, perhaps you can use our hands free BCD light mount.

Back
Top Bottom