Mounting Tech Wing to Zeagle BP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HarveyO

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am awaiting delivery of a Zeagle SS BP, and intend to mount my Zeagle Tech Wing to it when it arrives. I also intend to use my Tech BC cam straps for a singles mount. Do I need any additional hardware for the mounting? I've had conflicting advice re: mounting bolts kit.

I'm also wondering if I can get away with a smaller wing in the futue for singles. I dive in a 3mm full, with a single HP 100 steel, and require 18 lbs of weight due to my 250lb body weight. It seems like the Tech wing(I think 45 lbs. lift) is more than enough lift. I'm thinking a smaller wing (perhaps 30lbs. lift) might reduce my profile in the water.

Any opinions / advice is welcome. Thanks

I use a Zeagle BP & Deluxe Harness with a Ranger Bladder (Single) . If I remember right, it came with the bolts to mount the Ranger Bladder. If not, I'm sure the Zeagle boys can get them to you quick!!!

This is what I'm wondering about. My LDS is saying that Zeagle is saying I don't need any bolts, But it seems that you needed them. Also shipping to Hawaii is both expensive and takes time. For example the plate is already in transit 2 weeks and probably will be another 2 weeks before it arrives. Once the plate arrives if I do need the bolts, it will probably be more weeks delay (stainless bolt snaps took me a month to have shipped), and several dollars more shipping, so I'm trying to figure it out and get them rolling .

Thanks for the reply

According to Zeagle web page the plate should come with the bolt kit. Click on the PDF at the bottom of the BP page, it's in there.

crpntr133:
According to Zeagle web page the plate should come with the bolt kit. Click on the PDF at the bottom of the BP page, it's in there.
Thank you very much I'll check it out.

The BP comes with stainless steel screws and nylon insert nuts to attach the bladder to the BP. Don't confuse this with a "bolt kit" which is used to attach banded doubles to the BP - they are two totally different things!

Scott

As soon as I posted I knew someone was going to say that. Leave it to Scott to straighten me up.:D
Bottom of page two of the PDF in the middle: bladder mounting kit P/N 519BKBA (included with backplate).

I just put this package together and dove it Sunday. I use my Escape bladder for singles and my Tech bladder for doubles. I haven't had the chance to dive doubles yet but it worked flawlessly with a single steel LP 80 and no weight in a 5/3 wetsuit. If you have any questions PM me
Charlie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom