Mounting GoPro on LPI hose.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WillHartNZ

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
After not being able to sleep I decided to sort out my camera gear. Whilst I was cleaning my mounts I noticed my handlebar mount is almost identical diameter to my Low Pressure Inflator hose. I tried it out and it seemed to fit pretty well and was nice and secure. It didn't seem to crush the hose at all which was my main worry. At first appearances it seems to be a pretty good handsfree set up. With it sitting just above the velcro strap it's help in place well and shouldn't flap around too much.

I think I'm going to have to give it a try next time I'm in the pool. I can think that it would be useful for giving students feedback after their dives (I'm currently working through my DM and Instructor training) as I would generally be facing them while I watch them complete skills. It would leave my handsfree as well to be able to instruct uninterrupted.

Has anyone tried this before? Or any suggestions regarding this filming technique?

I'm not looking for award winning footage here just something to supplement normal diving.

After not being able to sleep I decided to sort out my camera gear. Whilst I was cleaning my mounts I noticed my handlebar mount is almost identical diameter to my Low Pressure Inflator hose. I tried it out and it seemed to fit pretty well and was nice and secure. It didn't seem to crush the hose at all which was my main worry. At first appearances it seems to be a pretty good handsfree set up. With it sitting just above the velcro strap it's help in place well and shouldn't flap around too much.

I think I'm going to have to give it a try next time I'm in the pool. I can think that it would be useful for giving students feedback after their dives (I'm currently working through my DM and Instructor training) as I would generally be facing them while I watch them complete skills. It would leave my handsfree as well to be able to instruct uninterrupted.

Has anyone tried this before? Or any suggestions regarding this filming technique?

I'm not looking for award winning footage here just something to supplement normal diving.

I wanted to share this previous post with you regarding a hands free mount that a dive instructor used. It worked well for him. Here is the post, and video.

[h=2]Great video sent from dive instructor using the Z Gear BCD mount![/h]
Wanted to share this great video sent to us by a dive instructor (scuba board member) using the Z Gear BCD
Go Pro mount during an advanced dive class. He was also using the extension kit, and it was a great example on how dive instructors can use this hands free option to capture footage of their lessons with students. Perhaps this could be a good tool to have as a record for showing students what they are doing right and what areas they can improve on. It also will help remind students on what to do, since some lessons can be forgotten, unless they are put to practice or at least revisited by video. Thanks tphelps for your video we enjoyed watching it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkrY1ir0hec&sns=fb

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom