Mounting 2 can light batteries to 3l cylinder?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

a878bob

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Any ideas about mounting 2 can light batteries to a single 3l cylinder?

I have a metalsub bracket on my left for my al13 drysuit inflation. The metalsub is super nice, although bulky, it's the tall version, would be nice to have the short version to fit between the cam bands better. I have a golem Lola on my right for one can, I'm not impressed with it, I had to do a bit of machining on it to have it work at all, it's also a bit bulky.
I'm have the ablity to run 2 batteries, for heated gear. I had connected a battery to my bp previously, wasn't very comfortable, and seemed to get in the way of my bmcl. I've put the battery on my waist strap, but it seemed difficult to gear up while on a boat, it hangs down a bit and made it difficult to get my waist strap cinched down. So I went with mounting it on the 3l 02 cylinder. It's nice and convenient, so thought I might find a way to mount 2.
Something more minimalist may work, like the pony tamer from pirranha, I've seen a similiar mounting platform on another rebreather, can't remember which one. Ive never seen one in person, so don't know if that or something else would fit my purpose.

what's your dil setup? You can swap the dil 3l for inflation and put the two can lights between each of the 3l and the rebreather can.

The pony tamer works fine, but they are definitely sided so you have to drill if you want them to go on both sides.

Dil is normal, 3l on the left. Interesting thought, if a put inflation instead of dil, dil would have to come from bailout? Suit and bc would be from inflation. Bov would have to be from a qd somewhere?

Dil is normal, 3l on the left. Interesting thought, if a put inflation instead of dil, dil would have to come from bailout? Suit and bc would be from inflation. Bov would have to be from a qd somewhere?
Yes, you’d then run BOV and Dil from offboard (ideally independent) bailout sources, hence the word dilout. QC6 would be the recommended quick disconnect. If you’re running a BOV, you don’t want it plugged into your 3L anyway.

you switch to a "dilout" paradigm. Sidemounted left side dil bottle that has a QC6 or similar on it that plugs into the bov and any dil mav/adv that you have. Very common in cave diving since a 3l is basically useless for anything except dil only so we make it earn its keep.

Why do you want to mount to the 3L tanks? Have you tried mounting it on your waist like a normal can light? I would think if it's too bulky to have both cans on one side, put one on left for heat (you'd need one of those light holders that you can slip off the bottom so you can get it past your buckle) and the can light on the right?

This is the thing I was meaning: Dive Rite Quick Mount for Small Canister { 2.5 to 2.75 in | 6.4 to 7 cm } | Dive Gear Express®

Back
Top Bottom