Mount Dive Computer at 45 degrees?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

carlkcarlk

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My dive computer would be easier to read if it was mounted at 45 degrees on my arm. Has anyone figured out a way to do this?

(I thought of this while using my Perdix AI's electronic compass while wearing a thick drysuit.)

- Carl

Only way i can think of would be to use a puck computer and install it in the wrist boot "wrong" so it's rotated 45* CCW (or CW if on your right arm). I don't see how you could do this with a watch style PC or perdix style "block"

You mount it on something, and rotate the something. Cludgy.

[I'm the original poster] I found some examples of this in watches. They are called "Driver's" (not "diver's) watches. I'm surprised people with conventional wrist compasses don't do this. - Carl

7Z5k3JtVse9SzABwpYFg38LxbCZYs3.jpg
Vacheron-Constantin-Historiques-American-1921-platinum-3.jpg

Put it up on the inside of your arm just before your elbow. Always visible without rotating your arm.

Attach the Perdix to one layer of a wrist slate, at whatever angle works best for you. Drill holes in the slate to match the angle, zip tie the computer to it.

I thought of this while using my Perdix AI's electronic compass while wearing a thick drysuit.)
If you want a better compass reading, use an analog compass. Way easier. Otherwise I don't see any easy solutions except a NERD (as far as one call that an easy solution :shakehead:).

12721E0C-A07A-447C-AA78-F6105343C69C.jpeg
1003030D-7485-4190-9C8F-C1127BE40936.jpeg
Here's how I manage my SK7 compass on my left wrist so I don't have to have my elbow flexed 90 degrees:
I mount the compass on a piece of plastic cut out from a plastic bottle, rotated 45 degrees.
Adam

Back
Top Bottom