Motor Marina II-Ex help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kenih

New
Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently purchased a used Motor Marina II-Ex setup with all the lenses/YS-60. Does anyone have a helpful website for taking shots? I have some basic questions that I'm hoping someone will be able to help with and/or point me to a site with good info. Here are the questions I have:

What film speed is recommended for use with all lenses 100ASA or 400ASA?

It looks like for the macro lenses I am suppose to use f16 aperature and focus knob set to infinity. What do I set the strobe at (1/2, full, or TTL)?

For the 16MM lens it looks like I set it to infinity again but its not clear to me what to set the aperature to and how this is impacted by the flash (I assume set to full?)?

Can I just take pictures with the wide angle/macros? Or do ppl often times use no added lense?

Thanks,
Ken

The best suggestion I could make is for you to get Sea & Sea's book: The New Guide to Sea & Sea, by Joe Liburdi & Cara Sherman. Your LDS might have it, Amazon for sure has it. It specifically covers your camera and strobe. Cost is about $25.00

gert7to3:
The best suggestion I could make is for you to get Sea & Sea's book: The New Guide to Sea & Sea, by Joe Liburdi & Cara Sherman. Your LDS might have it, Amazon for sure has it. It specifically covers your camera and strobe. Cost is about $25.00

I second this suggestion. The guide has helped me immensely. One of my dive buddies was a long time Sea & Sea rep. I bought my camera off him. I've had help from my buddy, but even he recommends the above mentioned book as 'The Bible'. It's a great place to start.

Paula

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom