Motion sickness ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thook

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Ok Ive been diving for years and I love the ocean but it doesnt like me... I have much success using the scopolamine patch but the side effects are dreadful....give me alternatives that actually work for you without putting you in a different demention.......GO......

Assuming you've already tried Bonine (meclazine). Do you have any inner ear issues that might make you more sensitive?

Ok Ive been diving for years and I love the ocean but it doesnt like me... I have much success using the scopolamine patch but the side effects are dreadful....give me alternatives that actually work for you without putting you in a different demention.......GO......
What are the side effects ?

I’ve tried almost everything... here is the only thing I have found that works for me.

-IF- I take a whole Dramamine tablet it turns me into a zombie....so ....

Starting a couple of days before any boat trip I will start taking 1/2 a tablet in the morning and 1/2 a tablet in the evening to get the medicine into my system.
I will continue this as long as I plan on being on boats.
If I notice any side effects (drowsiness, etc.) I will cut back to just 1/2 a tablet a day.

Seems to work for me ....

Good luck .... motions sickness sucks.

Travacalm. Scopolamine without as many side effects.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom