most spectacular shallow dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

docstodd

Registered
Reaction score
I have a friend that is just getting his c card and has a thing for not going deeper then 30 ft. what are the best shallow dives that you guys have been on ? he is most interested in the caribian or bahamas.

that I can think of 1.: Stingray City, Grand Cayman
2 : Columbia Shallows,
Cozumel.
3 : Most any Florida Keys Reef dive.

Diving is fun,
Caymaniac :)

I second the Florida Keys. We went on a charter out of Key West and dived shallow reefs. I think the deepest we went was maybe 25'. The nice part was the extended bottom time and plenty of life to view. Even had our first encounter with a reef shark. Was a lot of fun.

The "Light house" reef and the "Islands" reef at Dahab (Egypt red sea)
Been there several times and I must say that they are something else.

I would be willing to bet that once your friend gets into open water...that 30 ft limit will go out the door. Especially if you can find a wreck that deep and he finds out what that is like.

I too thought, why would i need to go more than 30 feet or so when I learned to dive......then I found out!!! Just dont push your friend to go deeper until he is comfortable with the idea. Then be a good buddy....STAY CLOSE.

I would suggest the Keys if he wants to stay in the states but if he wants to get in lots of dives in 25-40 ft range with lots of fish and coral then go to Bonaire. The shore diving there is very easy.

Back
Top Bottom